Monday 18 April 2011

Chelsea Flower Show 2010

I thought as Chelsea Flower Show is due.
I would share my fave one's from last year.


The Global Stone Bee Friendly Garden
I love the strong statement that is on the back wall. "If the Bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only four years of life left." The hard truth of what could happen if we don't act now!

The Victorian Aviary Garden

There's something about this garden. Maybe it's the Victorian Aviary or is it the Peacock Mosaic.
For me its all of the garden!!





The HESCO Garden

I loved the lock gates and how the designers showed we need a better
understanding of the value of natural and green space. Also to encouraging local wildlife and conservation.





The Tourism Malaysia Garden - by James Wong & David Cubero - Amphibian Design.

I've ketped the best til lasted! I fell in love with the Tourism Malaysia Garden as soon as the plan's were posted on http://www.amphibiandesigns.com. I have to say it, I knew as soon as I saw the plan's. David & James had a winning garden. Not long afterwards I started to follow the update's that James was posting on the Mygarden - RHS site. I couldn't wait to see the garden finished. The worst bit for me was I couldn't get the time off work to go. :( Thank god for BBC At Chelsea and Sky+ for when I was at work. My mum even phoned me at work to tell me. The Tourism Malaysia Garden had won Gold. I was completely over the moon for James & David. The girls at work wanted to know what was going on.